We’re looking for people to host Califone Living Room Shows in April and May. The cities are not set in stone. Let us know if you live someplace along this general routing. These will be Tim solo shows limited to 40-50 tickets each.
Please read everything below and get in touch if would like to host a show. Contact info at the bottom of the page.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the guest list at the door as people arrive. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 15.
TICKETS GO ON SALE MARCH 21.
SUN April 20 – Providence or Boston
MON April 21 – Boston or Connecticut
TUE April 22 – NYC or Brooklyn
WED April 23 – Brooklyn or NYC
THU April 24 – Philadelphia * host confirmed
FRI April 25 – Baltimore * host confirmed
SAT April 26 – Wash DC
SUN April 27 – Pittsburgh
MON April 28 – Columbus or Cleveland
TUE April 29 – Grand Rapids * host confirmed
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft space, art gallery, or other space that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 40-60 people is what the average living room can hold. There needs to be enough parking or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a detailed list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows usually start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 free who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post the address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Tim to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer.
9. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
After reading all of this, if interested please follow these steps:
IMPORTANT! READ THIS FIRST… then proceed.
1. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
- a. Your address.
- b. A few photos of your living room.
- c. Please put “Califone Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
2. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates and locations sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.