We’re looking for people to host Chris Mills Living Room Shows in October. Deadline for submissions is Monday, September 22.
Chris will be playing these special solo shows in fan’s living rooms… no stage, no sound system.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the guest list at the door as people arrive. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
We’re looking for hosts in the cities listed below and in surrounding areas. If you are near any of these cities and are interested in hosting please reach out!
Tue Oct 21 – Pacific Northwest [Seattle, Portland, points north & east]
Wed Oct 22 – Pacific Northwest [Seattle, Portland, points north & east]
Thu Oct 23 – Pacific Northwest [Portland, Eugene, Central Oregon]
Fri Oct 24 – Boise, Eugene, Northern California
Sat Oct 25 – San Francisco, Northern California
Sun Oct 26 – Northern or Central California
Mon Oct 27 – Los Angeles area, San Diego
Tues Oct 28 – Los Angeles area, San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson
Wed Oct 29 – San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson
Please read all of this and get in touch if you can host a show… contact info at the end.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $15. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an armless chair for Chris to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
After reading all of this, if interested please follow these steps:
1. email email@example.com this info:
- a. Your address.
- b. A few photos of your living room.
- c. Please put “Chris Mills Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
2. Sit tight and we’ll get back to you after the submissions deadline if we can confirm a show at your place.
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates and locations sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.