We’re looking for people to host Mike Doughty Living Room Shows in JUNE & JULY 2015. If you live in continental United States we’d like to hear from you! Please read everything below and get in touch if would like to host. Contact info at the bottom of this post.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FRIDAY, APRIL 10.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the guest list at the door as people arrive. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends, some signed Mike Doughty merch and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft space, gallery or studio space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or any easy-access interior space would would work. Be realistic on how many people your space can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 40-50 people is what the average living room can hold. Nearby parking or public transportation is always helpful. And your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside, unless specifically cleared with the band ahead of time.
2. Ticket price will be $30. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a detailed list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows usually start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 free who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post the address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an open heart, a chair for Mike to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we can let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. A private “dressing room” type area must be available for Mike.
11. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
After reading all of this, if interested please send an e-mail to:
1. You read everything above and it’s all cool?
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this info:
- a. Your address.
- b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
- c. Please put “Mike Doughty Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Thanks for your help!