Hello Friends! We’re very excited to be helping S. Carey put together a living room tour. We’re looking for hosts in and around the cities listed below. If you are interested in hosting a show, please read the details below and get in touch! Contact info at the end of the post.
These will be trio shows… Sean on piano, vocals, Zach on kick drum, drum pad, Ben on pedal steel and other instruments. It’ll be a stripped down show played at an appropriate volume for a living room.
We have a lot of tentative hosts to be confirmed (Thank you!). But we still need hosts in places listed in BOLD below.
Feb 5 : Des Moines – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 6 : Saint Louis MO – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 7 : Kansas City MO – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 8 : Tulsa OK – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 9 : North Texas – Dallas, Ft Worth, Denton TX.
Feb 10: Austin TX – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 11 : OFF
Feb 12 : OFF
Feb 13 : Tucson AZ
Feb 14 : Phoenix AZ – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 15 : San Diego CA
Feb 16 : Los Angeles CA – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 17 : Southern CA – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 18 : OFF
Feb 19 : San Francisco CA
Feb 20 : Northern CA – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 21 : Portland OR – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 22 : Seattle WA – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 23 : Bellingham WA
Feb 24 : Victoria BC – TENTATIVE HOST
Feb 25 : Vancouver BC – TENTATIVE HOST
Deadline for submission is December 1.
Tickets will go on sale December 10 @ 3pm (central time).
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
* Please let us know if you happen to have a piano Sean could play during the show.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. We’d like to borrow three armless chairs for the guys to sit on, some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where they can sell some merchandise after the show.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
if interested please follow these steps:
1. You read everything above and it’s all cool?
2. READ THIS: We’ll need you to sign this when we confirm the show.
3. send an email to email@example.com with this info:
- a. Your address.
- b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
- c. Please put “S. Carey Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
4. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.
* this email goes to Bob and Adam at Undertow. It’s just for hosting submissions… not for contacting S. Carey directly.