We need your help! We’re looking for people to host Baptist Generals Living Room Shows September 16 – October 15.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about three hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for your friends and our eternal gratitude.
We’re looking for hosts all across the country. We’ll put together a final cities and dates once we have all the submissions in.
Deadline for submission is Wednesday, August 14
Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, August 21.
Please read everything below and get in touch right away if you can host a show… contact info at the end.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 30-40 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside. There needs to be street parking or public parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 30-40 people is what the average living room can hold.
2. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. All tickets will be sold through our website before the show. Ticket price will be $20. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. We’ll cancel any tickets if we find them for re-sale.
3. We’ll provide a detailed list of everyone coming to the show so you can check people off the list as they arrive. You won’t have to deal with any money.
4. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends and help us spread the word.
5. You get 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
6. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Chris to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on a coffee table, floor lamp with a dimmer, etc.
7. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
8. We ask people to arrive after 7pm. The shows start at 8:00pm and are usually over by 9:30pm. We let everyone know they should be out of your house by 10:00pm.
After reading all of this, if interested please send an e-mail to:
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to host the show and put “Chris Flemmons Living Room Show” and the city in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests and get back in touch to confirm shows once we have a routing figured out.
Thanks for your help!