We have offers for all of the shows and will be contacting hosts to confirm the dates in the next few days. Final routing will be announced and tickets go on sale December 12 at 1pm (Pacific Time).
We’re looking for people to host Richard Buckner Living Room Shows in Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona: January 23 – February 6.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the guest list at the door as people arrive. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Please read all of this and get in touch if you can host a show… contact info at the end.
Deadline for submissions is November 21, 2013.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or easy-access interior space would be ideal. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We’ve found that 40-50 people is what the average living room can hold. There needs to be enough parking or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a detailed list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 free who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!).
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Richard to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer.
9. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
After reading all of this, if interested please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to host the show and put “Richard Buckner Living Room Show” and the city in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests and get back in touch to confirm shows once we have a routing figured out.
Thanks for your help!