Hello friends! We’re looking for people to host John Vanderslice Living Room Shows in August, September and October.
Do you have big living room, loft space, community space, art gallery, yoga studio, recording studio, coffee shop or other space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people? If so, please read everything below and get in touch if you live in or near these areas and want to host. We’d love to have a show at your place!
Aug 20 : Chicago IL – Confirmed
Aug 21 : Milwaukee WI – Confirmed
Aug 22 : Madison WI – Confirmed
Aug 23 : Des Moines IA – Confirmed
Aug 24 : Omaha NE – Confirmed
Aug 25 : Lawrence KS – Confirmed
Aug 26 : OFF
Aug 27 : St Louis MO – Confirmed
Aug 28 : Indianapolis IN – Confirmed
Aug 29 : Cincinnati OH – Confirmed
Aug 30 : Columbus OH – Confirmed
Aug 31 : Grand Rapid MI – Confirmed
Sept 1 : Detroit MI – Confirmed
Sept 2 : Chicago IL – Confirmed
Sept 19 : Philadelphia PA – Confirmed
Sept 20 : Haddon Heights NJ – Confirmed
Sept 21 : York PA – Confirmed
Sept 22 : Washington DC area – Confirmed
Sept 23 : Richmond VA – Confirmed
Sept 24 : OFF
Sept 25 : Baltimore MD – Confirmed
Sept 26 : Pittsburgh PA – Confirmed
Sept 27 : Cleveland OH – Confirmed
Sept 28 : OFF
Sept 29 : Albany NY – Confirmed
Sept 30 : Boston MA – Confirmed
Oct 01 : Boston MA – Confirmed
Oct 02 : NYC / Brooklyn – Confirmed
Oct 03 : NYC / Brooklyn – Confirmed
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. email email@example.com this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “John Vanderslice Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a big living room, loft space, community space, art gallery, yoga studio, recording studio, coffee shop or other space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your place. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a tiny apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an armless chair for John to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion, pillow or folding chair to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?