We’re looking for people to host Julia Nunes Living Room Shows in July, August, and September. These shows are hosted in private spaces. No stage, no sound system. Each show limited to 40-60 people. Please read details below and get in touch right away if you are in or near one of these cities and can host a show.
Tickets on sale HERE
July 25 : London UK (sold out)
AUG + SEPT
August 8 : Boulder CO
August 9 : Denver CO
August 10 : OFF
August 11 : Kanas City MO
August 12 : Omaha NE
August 13 : OFF
August 14 : Minneapolis MN (sold out)
August 15 : Minneapolis MN
August 16 : OFF
August 17 : Milwaukee WI
August 18 : Chicago IL
August 19 : Chicago IL
August 20 : OFF
August 21 : Grand Rapids MI
August 22 : Detroit MI
August 23 : OFF
August 24 : Cleveland OH
August 25 : Columbus OH
August 26 : Cincinatti OH
August 27 : Indianapolis IN
August 28 : OFF
August 29 : Knoxville TN
August 30 : Nashville TN
August 31 : Atlanta GA
September 1 : OFF
**September 2 : Birmingham AL – NEED HOST
**September 3 : Memphis TN – NEED HOST
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about three hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for your friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “Julia Nunes Living Room Show” and the name of your city and country in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other intimate space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an open heart, a space for Julia to perform and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion, pillow or folding chair to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?