HOSTS NEEDED: Julia Nunes Living Room Tour!
photo credit Conor Allen
We’re very excited to be helping Julia put together more Living Room Shows!
This time we’re looking for hosts all along the east coast between June 7 and June 23. Anywhere from Maine down to Virginia. Please read everything on this page and then get in touch if you’d like to host a show.
And we’re looking to fill in a few days off for these dates and areas.
May 22 (between Cleveland and Columbus)
May 24 and 25 (between Columbus and Chicago)
May 30 (between St. Louis and Nashville)
Deadline for submissions is April 22.
Tickets will go on sale April 30.
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for a couple of hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for your friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 35-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other large indoor residential space would be ideal. There needs to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord.
2. The shows are not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We’ll pre-sell all tickets for each show on our website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance.
3. Ticket prices will be $20.
4. We’ll provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show so you won’t have to deal with money. All you have to do is check people off the list as they arrive.
5. The host gets 5 free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
6. The shows usually start at around 8pm. We’ll ask people to arrive around 7:30pm. It should be over by around 10:00pm. We’ll make it clear to everyone that they should be out of your house by 10:30pm.
7. You don’t need to provide any sort of sound system. We’ll need to borrow a couple of chairs and some kind of ambient lighting like a floor lamp.
8. Your home address will not be published on the web and only given to those people who purchase tickets.
9. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except our websites.
After reading all of this, if interested please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to host the show and put “Julia Nunes Living Room Show” and the city in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests and get back in touch to confirm shows once we have a routing figured out.
Thanks for your help!