We’re looking for people to host Matt Talbott (from HUM) Living Room Shows in September and October. Do you have big living room, loft space, community space, art gallery, yoga studio, recording studio, coffee shop or other space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people? If so, please read everything below and get in touch if you live in or near these areas and want to host. Matt would love to play a show at your place!
1. Please read everything so you know how it works.
2. Fill in the form below.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your place.
Sept 25 : Madison WI
Sept 26 : Minneapolis MN
Sept 27 : Sioux Falls SD
Sept 28 : TBD
Sept 29 : Rapid City SD
Sept 30 : OFF
Oct 01 : Victor ID
Oct 02 : Missoula MT
Oct 03 : Walla Walla / Spokane WA
Oct 04 : Seattle WA
Oct 05 : Portland OR
Oct 06 : Portland OR
Oct 07 : OFF
Oct 08 : Reno NV
Oct 09 : Oakland CA
Oct 10 : San Francisco CA
Oct 11 : Los Angeles CA
Oct 12 : San Diego CA
Oct 13 : Las Vegas NV
Oct 14 : OFF
Oct 15 : OFF
Oct 16 : Salt Lake City UT
Oct 17 : Grand Junction CO
CO Oct 18 : Fort Collins / Boulder CO
CO Oct 19 : Denver CO
Oct 20 : OFF
Oct 21 : Lawrence KS
Oct 22 : Lincoln NE
Oct 23 : Omaha NE
Oct 24 : Des Moines IA
Oct 25 : Chicago IL
Oct 26 : Champaign IL
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your space for about 3 hours and check names off the list at the door. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a big house, loft space, community space, art gallery, yoga studio, recording studio, coffee shop or other space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your place. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a tiny apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $25. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask show guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
7. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All we need is a bar height stool and nearby electrical outlet for Matt to plug in some gear. Some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood and a small table or counter top where Anders can sell some merchandise after the show.
8. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
9. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
10. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
PLEASE FILL IN ALL FIELDS BELOW