Richard Buckner / Living Room Tour May + June
We’re looking for people to host Richard Buckner Living Room Shows in May and June. If you live in or near any of these cities we’d like to hear from you! Please read everything below and get in touch if would like to host a show.
Deadline for submissions is March 31.
Tickets on sale April 14 @ 2pm (CT).
Tuesday, May 16 : Syracuse or Rochester NY
Wednesday, May 17 : Cleveland OH
Thursday, May 18 : Detroit MI
Friday, May 19 : Grand Rapids MI
Saturday, May 20 : Chicago IL
Sunday, May 21 : Chicago IL
Monday, May 22 : OFF
Tuesday, May 23 : Milwaukee WI
Wednesday, May 24 : Madison WI
Thursday, May 25 : Minneapolis NN
Friday, May 26 : Des Moines IA
Saturday, May 27 : Omaha NE
Sunday, May 28 : Kansas City MO
Monday, May 29 : OFF
Tuesday, May 30 : Oklahoma City OK
Wednesday, May 31 : Denton TX
Thursday, June 01 : Austin TX
Friday, June 02 : San Antonio TX
Saturday, June 03 : Houston TX
Sunday, June 04 : Dallas TX
Monday, June 05 : OFF
Tuesday, June 06 : Little Rock AR
Wednesday, June 07 : Memphis TN
Thursday, June 08 : Nashville TN
Friday, June 09 : Louisville or Lexington KY
Saturday, June 10 : Columbus OH
Sunday, June 11 : Pittsburgh PA
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours and check names off the guest list at the door as people arrive. In return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. Send an email to email@example.com with this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
– c. Please put “Richard Buckner Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, art gallery, coffee shop, studio community space or other intimate space where we can do a private show that can comfortably and safely host 40-60 people. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. These shows sell out quickly and we want everyone to have a fair opportunity to buy tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is an armless chair for Richard to sit on and some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
FYI: email submissions go to Bob and Jayne at Undertow.