Will Johnson: Living Room Tour / March + April
Hello Friends! We’re looking for people to host Will Johnson Living Room Shows in March and April in the areas listed below. If you are located in or near any of these cities and interested in hosting please read everything below and get in touch! Contact info at the end.
Deadline for submissions is February 8.
Tickets go on sale February 17 at 1pm (mountain time) HERE
March 21 : Phoenix AZ
* March 22 : Los Angeles CA – HOST NEEDED
March 23 : OFF
March 24 : San Francisco CA
March 25 : Petaluma CA
March 26 : Reno NV
March 27 : OFF
March 28 : Eugene OR
March 29 : Portland OR
* March 30 : Portland OR – HOST NEEDED
March 31 : Seattle WA
April 1 : Boise ID
April 2 : Cheyenne WY
April 3 : Ft Collins CO
April 4 : Denver CO
April 5 : Albuquerque NM
We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for about 3 hours, check names off the list at the door… in return you’ll get 5 additional free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
1. Please read everything below so you know how it works.
2. send an email to email@example.com with this info:
– a. Your address.
– b. A few photos of the space where the show will happen.
– c. Please put “Will Johnson Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Sit tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible if we can book the show at your house.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house, loft, small gallery, studio or other private space that can comfortably and safely host 40-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Sorry, we can’t do these shows outside.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. There will be no reselling or third-party tickets sales. All tickets sales are direct to fans from Undertow. Limit 4 tickets per person. We want everyone to have the same chance of getting tickets.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask guests to arrive between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show. If you have other friends beyond your 5 guests who want to come to the show you should direct them buy tickets on-line.
5. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets. We need to keep the location private so random people don’t try to show up and pay at the door.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All we is an armless chair for Will to sit on and glass or bottle of water near where he’ll be playing. It’s nice if you have some kind of ambient lighting like a lamp on coffee table, floor lamp, or overhead lights with a dimmer to help create a cozy mood.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
11. We love dogs and cats… we really do! But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
Thanks for your help!
After we have the dates sorted out we will announce the shows and tickets will go on sale at undertowtickets.com.